4.11.09

Colleen [Senior session]

Autumn in Pennsylvania is absolutely marvelous....I can't get enough of the vibrant red and orange leaves, the crisp fall air, or the pumpkin spice creamer in my fridge :) You know what else I love about fall? It's a popular time to photograph wonderful seniors! [I do still have some openings if anyone is interested!]

I am incredibly excited to share with you all some of the beautiful, fresh-faced teens I have captured this fall. Be looking for those in the coming weeks.

Meet Colleen. This girl is lively, energetic, and lady-like. This was a special session for me; it feels like just yesterday that I babysat Colleen and her three younger siblings (I did that from the age of 12-16.) They've been awesome family friends of ours through the years! I kept thinking to myself (during the shoot), "How did Colleen grow up so fast? She's off to college soon!!"

I thought it would be fun and unique to have my blog viewers get some insight into the seniors I photograph. So without further ado....

Colleen will be attending college for education or dietetics.
When asked what she could NOT live without,
her answer made me laugh--"pudding and hairspray!"

The most influential person in her life?
"My mom! She encourages me to be all I can be as a godly woman."

Esther 4:12-14 has inspired Colleen and the way she lives her life. She says, "I'm reminded that God doesn't NEED to use me; he WANTS to. God puts me exactly where He wants to use me; I don't need to go looking for God's plan--I'm already in it."

I know Colleen will go far in life, especially if she sticks to her goal to follow God's plan. "It will be better than anything I could ever dream up," she says.

Enjoy these portraits! We had a blast--doing the urban thing and doing the field thing! Don't you love her dance costume? She's been dancing almost all her life.
ca27b
ca30b
ca21b
field
ca19
Capture genuine laughter? Check!
ca3
bw2
bw1
Again....laughter, I love it!
ca6

1 comment:

Char said...

She is beautiful... love the last one! Great work!