It's always really special to photograph weddings of friends; Aimee and I met several years ago in college. We spent many, many hours preparing challenging presentations for our public relations classes. And too many hours staring at computers in the mac lab, perfecting our desktop publishing homework. I couldn't be happier for her and Brent, whom I have only met twice, but they are absolutely adorable together.
Words can't even describe the groomsmen in this bridal party. Probably one of my most unique groomsmen shoots...playing football in the snow before the ceremony, rockin' out on instruments in the church's youth room, oh and they even dragged me into the mens' bathroom (that was a scary experience). See the cigar photo below. Aimee's bridesmaids were oh-so-lovely and fun to work with, but due to the nasty weather, the bride chose to take those photos indoors.
I was so glad that Aimee and Brent let me snap a few photos of them outside in the snow, even though they were freezing (then we got locked out of the church. But that's another story....) Snowy kisses are quite romantic!
Enjoy these snapshots from a gorgeous, Christmas-time wedding!
The night before the wedding, I was brainstorming for a creative way to show off their rings. And then it came to me--candy canes!
A "pre ceremony" collage. The top left corner is a note Brent wrote to his bride. You can also see Brent reading HIS note from Aimee.
Brent is a musician, so they made their wedding programs look like a CD pamphlet--placed inside a CD case, complete with a mix CD of songs special to the bride/groom (which I am still listening to and enjoying!) This was definitely one of my favorite details from the day. Maybe I'm biased, because the photos they used in the CD pamphlet were the ones I took during their engagement session!
Ah, the secrets you find out when you're with the guys in their bathroom! [Ladies, did you know that guys use "Aussie" hair products??]
Attempting to keep an umbrella over my head while snapping photos of boys playing football isn't easy!
A few reception snapshots:
Listening to the maid of honor's toast.
A "best friends" moment after the maid of honor's toast.
I love the emotion this photo portrays!




















2 comments:
Oh my WORD!!!! I absolutely adore the outside snow shots. Amazingly done and stunningly gorgeous!!!
-Beth Nell
Ashley I love your blog and your images! They are so beautiful. I'm also a photographer. I had a few questions I wanted to ask you but could not locate an e-mail address anywhere! would you email me when you get a chance? Abbey
feldkamphotography@gmail.com
Post a Comment