10.5.10

Let's tour Italy...

Come with me on a quick tour around Italy. I'll show you my favorite spots that I discovered last fall with my mom. Join me for a few minutes, as we see beautiful scenes from Venice, Lucca, Pisa, and Rome.

[Sidenote: If you're interested in buying a print, please contact me by Tuesday (tomorrow) night. I'm placing the order Wed morning. 8x10's = $20. 10x13's = $25. The money goes straight to help support my time in Uganda.]

Perhaps I should save the best for last, but our first stop is a rainy street corner in Lucca. I couldn't resist this candid moment between a stunning Italian couple. Could they be any more perfect?? Notice her glowing smile..."but I can't see her mouth," you might say. Precisely. But you see it in her eyes. So in love.
blog1
As we continue walking through the cobblestone streets of historic Lucca, you'll see numerous bikes. Bikes leaning against walls such as this one, empty while the owner does some shopping. Or bikes whizzing by as the rider balances an umbrella at the same time.
blog6
Next stop: Venice. This city was breathtaking.
blog12
Doors and incredibly textured walls...a photographer's paradise!
blog14
Looks like a scene out of a movie...
blog13
Can't get enough photos of the gondoliers. Some are a bit too chummy, so watch out for that type!
blog11
Next stop: Pisa. Quaint little city. Let's pause to take some goofy photos next to the leaning tower, pretending to knock it over...very touristy, but hey, it's fun! While we walk away, we see this neat scene.
blog4
All this walking calls for a coffee break! I spot a charming cafe, so let's catch our breathe. For the cost of these drinks, you'd think they'd give you a larger cup! Delicious nonetheless.
blog5
Before we head to my favorite city, Rome, let's rest for the night where I'm staying--a bed + breakfast in the Tuscan countryside. I hope you don't snore!
blog2
blog15
I hope you will love Rome as much as I did...Walking out of the Termini train station, this is what we see ahead of us. Goosebumps. The history that took place here...wow.
blog9
A unique view of the Colosseum.
blog7
Can you believe we're standing here, overlooking where the "games" were held all those years ago?
blog10
A cross dedicated to the Christian martyrs who died in the Colosseum
blog3
After enjoying some delicious, Italian gelato and exploring the Vatican museum and other Roman sites, we don't have much time until we catch our train. But you absolutely must experience the famous Trevi Fountain. As we run down the street (literally) to save time, I'm trying to remember where we turn. It's set back away from the main street. Ah, found it!
blog8
So what was YOUR favorite spot on tour? :)

2 comments:

Abigail said...

WOW those picture were STUNNING! I LOVED the onces of the coliseum , especially the Cross, just beautiful.I can't wait to visit their one day :-)

Jessica Showalter said...

I'm so excited to have one of your photos hanging in our house :-) i want to get the mat ahead of time, so i can have you sign it in the corner, before i take it home and frame the photo! I wish I could buy all of these!!