This is the power of the photograph. It’s a chance to go back in time. An opportunity to visit a place that would otherwise be lost when days turn to years. The chance to see your life through younger eyes and to hopefully remember. To just remember.
-Clayton Austin
[my artistic inspiration]
Before I left for Africa, I spent a delightful summer evening on a Pennsylvania farm with the DeBruin family, capturing their love for each other. Time passes you by without realizing it. One day, Amy and Troy will wake up, and their “little ones” will be packing up their belongings for their first semester at college….their “little ones” will leave home for adventures…their “little ones” will be walking down the aisle towards the one they’ll spend their life with. When the days turn to years, when summer 2010 seems a lifetime ago, these photographs will remind them.
This is truly a remarkable family, and my life is different because of them. A decade ago, when I was 13, Troy came with his family to be the youth pastor at my church. I have been blessed by each of these individuals: Troy’s wisdom and encouragement whenever I had a teenage “crisis”. His dedication to the youth, passion for His Savior, and his sense of humor. Amy’s countless hours of mentoring me—I don’t know how she’s managed time, but over the last decade she’s never too busy to meet with me over coffee. I aspire to be like this woman, and she has been an incredible older sister figure in my life. And each of the kids’ loving hugs and smiles whenever I see them; their respectful and loving behavior speaks volumes about the way Troy and Amy have raised them. If my own kids turn out half as wonderful, I’ll be so happy! : )
Debruin family, when seasons change in life, may these photographs give you a chance to remember...
Such personality! The twins make me laugh every time I see this photo.
Troy and Amy were high school sweethearts, and today they're more in love than ever....
Giggling over shared secrets. That's what twins do best, right? [Lydia + Ella, age 8]
Luke had us rolling on the ground when he posed for us. What a handsome farmer! [age 10]
Such a tender heart and and beautiful personality [Molly, age 12]
A young lady with a gift of compassion towards others and remarkable maturity [Alayna, age 13]
Could they be any more photogenic??













1 comment:
Mike's mother had us get family pictures done by someone at Lititz Springs Park today. I kept wishing it was you. I miss you.
Post a Comment